This Allan Morrow – Tech Trance Percussion Video Tutorial [1 hr 53 mins] will show you exactly how Allan Morrow goes about creating percussion for a Tech-Trance track.
Struggling with the groove in your track? Having a solid groove is essential when it comes to making people dance and create movement inside your tracks. This video will walk you through the process of creating a nice groove using percussive loops and sounds for that all-important drive. If you struggle with creating your own unique sounding percussion and groove then watch how easy Allan makes it look!
– Using scratch samples to create percussion hits.
– Manipulating loops to make them your own.
– Pitching and sitting correctly in the mix.
– Creating unique percussion “call” & “answer” hits
– Applying EQ & FX.
– Using FX to make your percussion unique.
– Understanding what sounds right and wrong.
– Auditioning sounds
– Taking different routes to get the right sound & knowing when to delete a sound.
– Panning & separating percussion for a cleaner mix.
& much, much more!
Allan Morrow – International Trance DJ/Producer. Tracks signed to labels such as Armada, Blackhole Recordings, Discover Records, Kearnage Recordings, Mental Asylum Records, Pure Trance, Outburst Records & Many more!
Yes, all the technique you will learn in these videos can be implemented into your own DAW.
The tutorial is done using only Logic Pro X plugins, LFO tool, Adam Szabo Phazor (Free Phaser but you can use any) Soundspot Fat Filter (Free Filter but you can use any) & Samples but you can use any of your own samples or plugins to re-create your own groove and percussion.
For more tutorials check them out here
To listen on Soundcloud check here
Yet again another amazing in depth tutorial by Allan, he really explains in a easy to understand way on the basics and the technical side of creating pro sounding acids I used this to make acid lines in my uplifting trance track and it was easy to get to fit in perfectly, the presets that come with this are worth the purchase alone! Highly recommend
- Very well explained. Completely worth the purchase. Great video
- The only thing I would have liked better would be to see some acid sound synthesis from the ground up